Location: UK (South East)
Emerald is currently working with a marketing leading SaaS vendor. The term ‘start-up’ is used loosely, as whilst this company is pre-IPO and has the culture and processes you would expect of one, it is already a Gartner leader well on its way to public offering.
Recently valued at $1bn, the company is delivering year-on-year growth of 30-40%. Having already reached revenues of $140m, which would enable an IPO, the leadership team have instead chosen to build the company in all regions to target $200-250m revenues and IPO at a similar level to ServiceNow, Workday or Splunk.
Headquartered in the US, they have a rapidly-growing headcount of around 1,000 spread across territories including the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Singapore, and Australia. They are a Gartner leader in 3 Quadrants, and have led the charge in their core market for three years. The UK is one of their most successful regions, with huge customers like HSBC, Canon, Heineken, and Thomas Cook.
Their Sales organisation, which Emerald are currently building out, is split into three areas:
- Corporate – Accounts that have revenues of $0-$200m – currently around 5 people who manage 40-50 accounts
- Mid-Enterprise – Accounts that have revenues of $200m-$1B – currently around 10 people who manage 20-40 accounts
- Enterprise – Accounts that spend above $1B – currently around 4 people who manage around 5-15 accounts
The Mid-Enterprise Sales Director is here to lead, promote, assist and grow the sales team to new heights. The ideal candidate will be a team-orientated ‘player-coach’ profile, adept at supporting the team with key strategic deals and focusing on the team quota.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record of building and owning a high growth, high performing team for around 3-4 years
- Knowledge of software that impacts the enterprise market.
- Ability to lead and grow a team of salespeople; understanding what motivates them and getting the best out of them
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience within technology sales; 3-4 of which should be as a senior figurehead
- Home-based role but successful candidate will ideally be based in the South East; commutable to London as required